1. ______ describes the steepness of a line on a graph.
2. Define rise and run in your own words.
Rise is the distance on the y-axis in a graph, and run is the distance on the x-axis in a graph.
3. State appropriate units for the x-axis and y-axis on a position-time graph for a turtle, a walking person, and an automobile on the highway.
cm/s, km/h, km/h.
4. Describe the speed-time graph of an object that is not moving.
flat line along the axis representing time.
5. Describe the motion of the object whose position-time graph is shown below.
The object was accelerating from a stop.
6. Calculate the slope of the line on a position-time graph for a car that starts at the origin at 0s and moves at a constant velocity for 15 s to a position 300 m from the origin.