1. Distinguish between velocity and acceleration.
Velocity is a vector representing speed and direction, while acceleration is change of velocity.
2. _______ is the rate of change of velocity.
Acceleration is the change of velocity.
3. Identify – Copy and fill in the graphic organizer below to identify three vectors.
Acceleration, velocity, and displacement.
4. Which of the following is not accelerating?
B. a sprinter starting from rest and running 100 m in 9.8 s
C. a racecar traveling 175 km/hr on a straight track
D. an airplane traveling 500 km/hr and turning to the north
5. State the ways velocity can change
6. Calculate how far an airplane woudl fly in 3 h if its average speed is 800 km/hr.
7. Give an example of an object that is accelerating but is traveling at a constant speed.
8. Relate speed, velocity, and acceleration.
Speed is one of the parts of velocity, and velocity is one of the parts of acceleration.